Education researchers appointed editors of prestigious international journal
Teaching and Teacher Education is a highly regarded international journal, has an impact factor of 1.413, and is ranked 2nd in the world among journals in teacher education and 26th of 230 journals in education (Q1 in Scimago since 2002).
Primarily concerned with teachers, teaching, or teacher education situated in an international perspective or in an international context, Teaching and Teacher Education is a multidisciplinary journal, committed to no single approach, discipline, methodology, or paradigm. It aims to enhance theory, research, and practice in teaching and teacher education through the publication of primary research and review papers.
Gore has been on the Editorial Board of the journal since 1998 and served as Associate Editor for many years. Taking over as joint Chief Editors in January 2015, Gore, Holmes, and Smith are thrilled that Teaching and Teacher Education, an Elsevier journal, is now based in Australia at the University of Newcastle. The journal's disciplinary and methodological breadth means that editorial work is at once challenging and stimulating.
This prestigious editorship is a key achievement for Gore, Holmes, and Smith who are the core members of the Faculty's Teachers and Teaching research program. With a focus on research training and knowledge translation in the development and testing of interventions and innovations across a broad range of contexts, some of their major projects include: a HEPP-funded study on the role of student aspirations in higher education participation; a project funded by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research that is investigating the formation of vocational education and training aspirations; an ARC Linkage project exploring the educational and career aspirations of children in the middle years of schooling; and, partnering with the NSW Department of Education and Communities, a randomised controlled trial which investigates the impact and effectiveness of Quality Teaching Rounds on teaching quality.
Find out more
- About the Teaching and Teacher Education journal.
- About the Teachers and Teaching Research Program at UON
- About undertaking a PhD or MPhil with the School of Education
- University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW join forces for stronger Hunter and Central Coast post-COVID recovery
- Call for Entries: 2020 Karen Thrift Prize for Poetry and Lyrics
- Criminology expert in police accountability comments on George Floyd case
- ‘Felix’ to transform fertility for millions of couples worldwide
- Major funding boost to explore the health impacts of recent bushfires