Deb Mansfield exhibition at Galerie Pompom
From 14 October to 15 November Deb Mansfield will exhibit Avoiding and Courting Collision at Galerie Pompom, Sydney.
Avoiding and Courting Collision is a series of forms used to map a triangle of longing between art making, men and place. These three things are a constellation in flux for the artist, and are called out to when circumstance and myths fall short. The work consists of hand-cast bronze forms (cleats, bridle-hooks, electrical plugs and circular frames), alongside photo-tapestries of appropriated, and re-imagined sea-narratives.
Image: Installation document of: Left: '(Swaying) I am trying my upmost to love you' (2015) Photo-tapestry, bronze frame, hidden marine rope (handmade while at sea) Right: '(Swinging) I am trying to quieten my love for you' (2015) Photo-tapestry, bronze frame, hidden marine rope & love letter (handmade while at sea)
Galerie Pompom, 2/39 Abercrombie Street, Chippendale, NSW.
October 14th – November 15th, open Wednesday to Saturday 11 am - 5 pm and Sunday 1 - 5 pm.
Find out more
- About Deb Mansfield's latest exhibition at debmansfield.com.
- About a PhD or MPhil in Fine Art
- About a Bachelor of Fine Art
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers