2016 Australian Feminist Studies Mentoring Programme
*** CLOSING SOON: applications should be forwarded by 30 June 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the
subject line ‘Mentoring Application UoN’. Inquiries can be sent to the same email address. ***
Applications are now open for the 2016 Australian Feminist Studies mentoring program for new academic writers.
The initiative, which was launched last year by the journal's editors-in-chief, Professor Lisa Adkins of the School for Humanities and Social Science and Professor Maryanne Dever, provides the successful applicant with the opportunity for support in developing an original research manuscript for publication in the journal. The scheme will be operate on a competitive basis.
Eligibility: applicants can be between the 3rd year of doctoral enrolment and three years beyond the award of their PhD. There is no preferred discipline or topic area.
Application process: applicants should supply a one page CV, the names of two academic referees, a 400 word abstract for a planned article, and a writing sample (this can be in the form of 10pp thesis sample, a draft of the proposed article, or a previous publication).
Selection process: the successful applicants will be selected by the editors based on the quality and originality of the proposed article, the quality of the writing sample and the suitability of the topic for publication in Australian Feminist Studies.
Note: applicants should familiarise themselves with the journal’s Aims and Scope and its recent issues.
Find out more
- About research in the Faculty of Education and Arts
- About undertaking an MPhil or PhD in sociology and anthropology
- Trade law researcher awarded prestigious Fulbright scholarship
- Sexual Harms and Medical Encounters project post-doc available
- Centre Director convenes third international wine studies conference during Fulbright program
- Collaborate to Innovate program set to improve local business collaboration
- Dwyer gives public lecture on Broken Bones, Broken Stones: Iconoclasm in World History