Walk for Justice
On Tuesday the 12th of May, members of the legal community awoke before dawn and amassed on Newcastle's Foreshore as a demonstration of our commitment to fairness, access to justice and a thriving pro bono culture.
"Walk for Justice" is an annual event run in Sydney, Melbourne and Newcastle. Members of the Newcastle Law School take part every year to fundraise for not-for-profit community law firms across Australia.
Well done to everyone that took part this year, we witnessed a breathtaking sunrise from the vantage point of Nobby's head and enjoyed a warm breakfast, courtesy of the Newcastle Law Society to celebrate Newcastle's commitment to access to justice and a fairer legal system.
To keep this generous spirit going, the first year students who took part in this event have volunteered to be ambassadors for next year's "Walk for Justice," we look forward to seeing even more students at this uplifting event next year.
- Susan Hood
- Phone: 49215052
- New funding will see University of Newcastle students study across Indo-Pacific region
- Estimating calorie content not clear-cut for all
- Cloud Immersion Day to unlock innovative use of the technology in the higher education sector
- The principles underpinning three decades of teaching
- Renewables switch wins Clever Campus award