Rural, Regional and Remote Roadshow
Faculty embarks on Rural, Regional and Remote Roadshows visiting schools.
The Faculty recently embarked on two Rural, Regional and Remote Roadshows, visiting schools in the Mid North Coast, New England and Central West regions and speaking with high school students about university.
The purpose of the roadshow was to create aspiration for students in regional areas to attend university and to highlight the degrees available through the Faculty of Business and Law. The Faculty presented to students in years 10, 11 and 12 who had the opportunity to hear from, and speak with, academics, staff and current students. The Faculty visited 21 schools and spoke to over 700 students from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds about the opportunities available at the University of Newcastle.
The Faculty would like to thank Dr Michael Seamer, Dr Paul Stolk and Dr Paul Docherty for their commitment to making this initiative a success.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers