Reforming Contract Law
Professors Ted Wright, Fred Ellinghaus, and David Kelly have presented the federal government with a draft code for the law of contract that seeks to simplify the current laws.
The Australian Newspaper profiled a team of academics from the University of Newcastle that have presented the federal government with a draft code for the law of contract that seeks to cut compliance costs for business and reduce legal bills.
The code, which was initiated by former attorney-general Nicola Roxon, is the work of professors Ted Wright, Fred Ellinghaus and David Kelly. It seeks to codify all of the rules of contract law and replaces case law with legislative text that aims to simplify and modernise the law.
- Newcastle Law School
- Phone: (02) 4921 5052
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats