Reaching Global Audiences
The global reach of Newcastle academics
In the face of the recent trade war between the US and China, the influential website, Nationalinterest.org, published an article “Trump's Tariffs are a Trade Tool”. The article cites Associate Professor Hao Tan’s article “The Art of the Steel Deal”, and comments it “presented a particularly well thought through proposition for mitigating some of the global trade angst. His article was prescient in some ways, and potentially a roadmap forward in others. The basic premise was that steel and other energy intensive industries have already begun to leave China, and it would be something the Chinese government might be willing to give up”.
Additionally, Associate Professor Hao Tan’s article entitled “The global industrial rebalance will benefit China and the world” has been published in London-based ChinaDialogue.net, the only fully bilingual website in English and Chinese focusing on the environment in the world.
- Upskill and prepare for your career with micro-credentials from AWS Educate
- Nominations for the 2021 Employability Excellence Awards are now open!
- World-first needle-free diabetes test
- Cancer research gets $7 million boost in NSW regions
- Hunter people to benefit from local research into dementia tests and treatments
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.