Reaching Global Audiences
The global reach of Newcastle academics
In the face of the recent trade war between the US and China, the influential website, Nationalinterest.org, published an article “Trump's Tariffs are a Trade Tool”. The article cites Associate Professor Hao Tan’s article “The Art of the Steel Deal”, and comments it “presented a particularly well thought through proposition for mitigating some of the global trade angst. His article was prescient in some ways, and potentially a roadmap forward in others. The basic premise was that steel and other energy intensive industries have already begun to leave China, and it would be something the Chinese government might be willing to give up”.
Additionally, Associate Professor Hao Tan’s article entitled “The global industrial rebalance will benefit China and the world” has been published in London-based ChinaDialogue.net, the only fully bilingual website in English and Chinese focusing on the environment in the world.
- New book Youth Sociology helps understand youth pressures of today
- NSW Health COVID-19 clinic at Callaghan campus
- NHMRC funding set to address inequity faced by people with mental health conditions
- Heritage home transformation wins coveted architecture award
- Dr. S A Hamed Hosseini publishes The Routledge Handbook of Transformative Global Studies