Public Seminar - Unfair Trading Practice and Supermarket Power
The Newcastle Law School and the Newcastle Business School jointly hosted the public seminar ‘Unfair trading practices and supermarket power: comparing regulatory challenges in the EU and Australia’ by Dr Victoria Daskalova, an Assistant Professor in Law, Governance & Technology at the University of Twente in the Netherlands.
20 people joined in the discussion reviewing how developments in technology, business models and consumer preferences have led to a shift in the balance of power - from producers to retailers - in the food supply chain over the past half a century.
- University of Newcastle partner with MineSensor to save the Mining Industry Millions
- City supports accredited training for COVID-19 affected workers
- New book Youth Sociology helps understand youth pressures of today
- NSW Health COVID-19 clinic at Callaghan campus
- NHMRC funding set to address inequity faced by people with mental health conditions