Prize-Winning Academic Says Newcastle Ill-Prepared for Another Quake
Newcastle Business School academic, Dr Richard Oloruntoba, says Newcastle is ill-prepared for another major quake
Dr Richard Oloruntoba of the Newcastle Business School was in the German city of Frankfurt to receive an award for his research into the response to Australian disasters including the 1989 Newcastle Earthquake. He said that seismic data showed Newcastle was due for another quake and that people born after 1989 need to be educated about how to respond.
Read the full article here.
Learn more about Dr Oloruntoba at his Researcher Profile.
- Dr Richard Oloruntoba.
- Phone: (02) 4921 7114.
- University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW join forces for stronger Hunter and Central Coast post-COVID recovery
- Call for Entries: 2020 Karen Thrift Prize for Poetry and Lyrics
- Criminology expert in police accountability comments on George Floyd case
- ‘Felix’ to transform fertility for millions of couples worldwide
- Major funding boost to explore the health impacts of recent bushfires