Postgraduate Student Site Tour: Orica Manufacturing Plant
The recent industry site tour of Orica provided Newcastle Business School postgraduate students with an opportunity to see theory in practice and ask questions of professionals in situ.
A group of Newcastle Business School postgraduate students recently undertook a site tour of Orica Manufacturing Plant, located at Kooragang Island.
Orica's Kooragang Island facility is an integral part of the company's global operations. The facility includes an ammonia plant, three nitric acid plants, two ammonium nitrate plants and a product despatch facility. Orica makes an important contribution to the local Newcastle community, and its operations play a key role in the NSW economy, supplying critical products to the mining and infrastructure, agriculture, water supply, food, dairy and medical sectors.
The industry site tour provided the postgraduate students with an opportunity to see theory in practice, and ask questions of professionals in situ. It was facilitated by the Faculty of Business and Law as a Professional Preparation initiative.
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast