Philippines Award Scholars
Australian Award Scholars arrive from the Philippines
Recently thirty-three Australia Award Scholars from the Philippines arrived in Australia for study at the University of Newcastle for the start of trimester three. Thirty of the scholars are Master of Human Resource Management students who are undertaking a dual program with De La Salle University in the Philippines and the Newcastle Business School.
Upon arrival, the scholars participated in an Introductory Academic Program Orientation Day to assist with their transition to life at UON. The four week Introductory Program will assist in developing their library, research and referencing skills before commencing their studies.
This unique opportunity is a product of Dr Johanna Macneil's work in forging this relationship. The extraordinary number of scholars involved in the program represents the growing partnership between the Newcastle Business School and De La Salle University.
- University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW join forces for stronger Hunter and Central Coast post-COVID recovery
- Call for Entries: 2020 Karen Thrift Prize for Poetry and Lyrics
- Criminology expert in police accountability comments on George Floyd case
- ‘Felix’ to transform fertility for millions of couples worldwide
- Major funding boost to explore the health impacts of recent bushfires