Orica Manufacturing Plant student site visit
Newcastle Business School (NBS) undergraduate students recently visited Orica Manufacturing Plant, located on Kooragang Island.
Orica's Kooragang Island facility is an integral part of the company's global operations. The facility includes an ammonia plant, three nitric acid plants, two ammonium nitrate plants and a product dispatch facility. Orica makes an important contribution to the local Newcastle community, and its operations play a key role in the NSW economy, supplying critical products to the mining and infrastructure, agriculture, food, dairy and medical sectors.
The industry site tour provided the students with insights to Orica's manufacturing and business practices, by providing an opportunity to see theory in practice, and ask questions of professionals in situ. It was organised by the Faculty of Business and Law as a Work Ready initiative. Details of further Faculty of Business and Law Work Ready initiatives are available on the Work Ready calendar.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness