Opinion: Minimum lawful age for marriage is clear
Newcastle Law School's Associate Professor Neil Foster has commented in the Newcastle Herald on a recent case involving the "marriage" of a 12 year old girl in the Hunter region.
Foster notes that the marriage would be void and suggests that consideration be given to further legal action against whoever was involved in conducting the ceremony.
Read the full article here: http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2078882/opinion-minimum-lawful-age-for-marriage-is-clear/?cs=391
- Newcastle Law School
- Phone: (02) 4921 5052
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap