Newcastle Law School Staff Defends Joint PhD in the Netherlands
Newcastle Law School Lecturer, Ms Elena Aydos, will be defending her PhD thesis at the Tilburg University in the Netherlands.
On 6 June 2016, the Early Career Researcher and Lecturer at the Newcastle Law School, Ms Elena Aydos, will be defending her PhD thesis at the Tilburg University, in the Netherlands, and will become the first PhD student from the Sydney Law School to hold a joint PhD with the Tilburg Law School.
Ms Aydos started her Doctorate degree at the Sydney Law School, where she received two prestigious scholarships, the Ross Waite Parsons Scholarship and the Cooke, Cooke, Coghlan, Godfrey & Littlejohn Postgraduate Research Law Scholarship. In 2014, under a cotutelle agreement, Ms Aydos spent a fruitful period researching at the Tilburg Law School, where she also became a member of the Tilburg Law and Economics Center (TILEC). Ms Aydos’ PhD thesis entitled ‘Who is (Not) Paying the Carbon Price?’ analyses the subsidisation of heavy polluters participating in Emissions Trading Schemes in Australia, New Zealand and the European Union.
A graduation ceremony will be held in Tilburg, following by a second graduation ceremony at The University of Sydney in early December.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness