Mother of all backflips on parental leave
Kcasey McLoughlin discusses the government's policy shift on parental leave
The Abbott government's about-turn on paid parental leave is a step backwards for Australian families.
Treasurer Joe Hockey's Mother's Day announcement that women will no longer be able to ''double dip'' by accessing both government and employer paid parental leave entitlements represents a significant departure in policy.
Read the full article here.
Learn more about Kcasey McLoughlin at her Researcher Profile.
- Kcasey McLoughlin
- Phone: (02) 4921 5510
- University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW join forces for stronger Hunter and Central Coast post-COVID recovery
- Call for Entries: 2020 Karen Thrift Prize for Poetry and Lyrics
- Criminology expert in police accountability comments on George Floyd case
- ‘Felix’ to transform fertility for millions of couples worldwide
- Major funding boost to explore the health impacts of recent bushfires