Legalising medical cannabis: lessons from Canada’s policies
Nola Ries of the Newcastle Law School discusses lessons Australia can learn from Canadian cannabis policies
A bill to permit medical cannabis use in Australia is set for debate in Senate. If medical cannabis use is legalised, doctors could become gatekeepers between patients and a controversial drug.
Lessons from Canada – one of the first countries in the world to allow medical cannabis – can help Australian doctors prepare for treating people who want to use cannabis.
Read the full article here.
Learn more of Nola Ries at her Researcher Profile.
- Nola Ries
- Phone: (02) 4921 7966
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness