Frank Bates Book Launch: 'Conflict of Laws as Taxonomy: A New Approach'
On Wednesday the 12th of August, Newcastle legal scholars and practitioners came together to launch the latest book by Emeritus Professor Frank Bates, the esteemed author of 9 books and over 300 articles and book chapters which have been published internationally.
The book was launched by Professor Michael Stuckey, Head of the School of Law, University of New England.
Conflict of Laws as Taxonomy: A New Approach offers a unique analytical and doctrinal approach to the conflict of laws. Its purpose is to review and assess the traditionally accepted methodology and taxonomy used in the resolution of cross-jurisdictional matters and to suggest alternative ways in which such matters may be classified, with resulting practical application to the conduct of cross-border disputes.
- Newcastle Law School
- Phone: Law-School@newcastle.edu.au
- University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW join forces for stronger Hunter and Central Coast post-COVID recovery
- Call for Entries: 2020 Karen Thrift Prize for Poetry and Lyrics
- Criminology expert in police accountability comments on George Floyd case
- ‘Felix’ to transform fertility for millions of couples worldwide
- Major funding boost to explore the health impacts of recent bushfires