Frank Bates Book Launch: 'Conflict of Laws as Taxonomy: A New Approach'
On Wednesday the 12th of August, Newcastle legal scholars and practitioners came together to launch the latest book by Emeritus Professor Frank Bates, the esteemed author of 9 books and over 300 articles and book chapters which have been published internationally.
The book was launched by Professor Michael Stuckey, Head of the School of Law, University of New England.
Conflict of Laws as Taxonomy: A New Approach offers a unique analytical and doctrinal approach to the conflict of laws. Its purpose is to review and assess the traditionally accepted methodology and taxonomy used in the resolution of cross-jurisdictional matters and to suggest alternative ways in which such matters may be classified, with resulting practical application to the conduct of cross-border disputes.
- Newcastle Law School
- Phone: Law-School@newcastle.edu.au
- Pop-up legal clinic returns to support the Newcastle community
- New University-designed cultural facility to put Lake Macquarie on the MAP
- University of Newcastle VC Professor Alex Zelinsky formally takes over the reins as Chair of NUW Alliance
- Great ideas attract $7 million in NHMRC grants
- Muscling RNA polymerase off the DNA