For this year’s Melbourne Cup, consider a charity rather than taking on Tom Waterhouse
Newcastle Business School academics crunch the numbers on the Melbourne Cup
In the lead-up to next week's Melbourne Cup, bookmaker Tom Waterhouse is heavily marketing a "$25 million bet that stops a nation". All you have to do is give him A$10 and if you place the first 10 horses in correct finishing order in the Cup you have a chance, stress "have a chance", to win A$25 million. If other punters happen to place the same bet, then you'll have to share the $25 million with them.
Read the full article here.
- Professor Steve Easton / Adrian Melia
- Phone: (02) 4921 5040 / (02) 4921 7736
- New Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation)
- Farmers face unexpected challenges as they navigate modern life on the land
- Biomedical scientist’s mission to conquer cancer recognised at NSW Premier's Awards
- Engineering student secures John Monash scholarship
- University of Newcastle commits $5 million to attract top research talent