Finance Research Workshop
The annual Finance Research Workshop was held on the 28th and 29th of May. As part of the University's C50 celebrations, the Faculty's discipline of Accounting and Finance organised a special workshop, 'Back to Newcastle Day'.
The workshop is in line with the group's ongoing dedication to cultivate an active research culture in the discipline. Five UON alumni, who are currently leading academics in diverse Australian universities, were invited to give presentations for the two-day research workshop. The topics of the presentations included corporate governance, times-series analysis and derivatives.
A panel discussion was also held on 'how to be successful in academia' which was an exclusive opportunity for these high achieving alumni to be recognised and for them to share their academic achievements and valuable experiences with current Newcastle Business School staff and RHD students.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness