Economic Control for Regional Communities
Dr Jeff McGee, an academic with the Newcastle Law School, writes on how regional communities can adapt to the exodus of large scale manufacturing industries.
Recent announcements by Holden and Toyota of manufacturing plant shutdowns in Geelong and Adelaide are stark reminders of how little control regional communities have over their economic and social futures in a globalised world.
In this opinion piece, Newcastle Law School academic Dr Jeff McGee argues that co-operatives offer a ready-made alternative for Australians who wish to spend, invest and retain jobs in their local communities.
- Newcastle Law School
- Phone: (02) 4921 5052
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap