Dr Hao Tan Discusses Renewable Energy
Dr Hao Tan talks with the BBC and Panorama FM about China's role in renewable energy technologies and climate change
China has become a leading international player in the move towards renewable energies. Dr Hao Tan of the Newcastle Business School is fast becoming an international authority on China's renewable energy policies and their work against climate change.
Dr Tan recently spoke to BBC's Business Program 'In the Balance' where he discussed China's production expansion and the resulting cost reduction in solar PV based on his recent article in 'Nature'.
You can listen to the full interview here (Dr Tan's segment begins at the 14 minute mark).
In his talk with Australia's Panorama FM, Dr Tan discussed the US-China Climate Agreement announced in the recent APEC summit. He also addressed the comment, made by US Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky) who claimed that this deal would require China do nothing until 2030.
You can listen to the full interview here.
Learn more about Dr Tan at his Researcher Profile.
- Dr Hao Tan
- Phone: (02) 4921 6748
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness