Tanya Plibersek Visits University of Newcastle Legal Centre
Tanya Plibersek, Deputy Leader of the Opposition, visited the University of Newcastle Legal Centre
On September 16, 2014, the Deputy Leader of the Opposition and Shadow Minister for Foreign Affairs, Ms Tanya Plibersek, MP, delivered a speech on the challenges for Australia's international aid policy following the budget cuts. Ms Plibersek has previously held various ministerial positions in the Rudd and Gillard governments including that of Minister for Health, and Minister for Housing. The federal MP for Newcastle, Ms Sharon Claydon, who organised the event also spoke.
Following the talk, Ms Plibersek visited the UNLC and interacted with staff and students. She was offered an insight into the key cases currently on the docket of UNLC lawyers and students.
- University of Newcastle Legal Centre
- Phone: (02) 4921 8666
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast