Copyright Modernisation and Government Agenda
Dr Rita Matulionyte participated in the roundtable consultation on copyright modernisation
Dr Rita Matulionyte from the Law School has been actively involved in the Australian Government’s Consultation on Copyright Modernisation. Rita was invited to participate in the roundtable with the representatives from the Department of Communications and the Arts where the government representatives asked academics to express their opinions on the proposed copyright reforms. During the meeting, Rita shared her experience on issues related to ‘orphan works’ problem and suggested that Australian Government should consider the solutions adopted by the European Union.
Australian Society of Authors has also requested Rita to prepare a memo comparing international legal solutions on orphan works’ problem. They were very pleased with the memo they received and plan to share it with other stakeholder organizations (Copyright Agency, Australian Copyright Council) and cite it in their submission to the government.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers