Central Coast Community Engagement
At UON Central Coast there has been an abundance in engagement both within the University and with the community.
Innov8Central held their Central Coast Economic Breakfast in April with over 200 participants, including board members Dr Lisa Barnes and Dr Anton Kriz.
The Central Coast Campus hosted the Mayor of Gosford Lawrie McKinna for a morning tea with PhD students and staff.
Dr Lisa Barnes has been engaging with the wider community and visited the Central Coast Grammar School to present to their Year 12 students on life at university. Dr Barnes also presented on WIL and the Lucy Mentoring Program to the Figtree Alliance Group.
Dr Anton Kriz attended the Prime Minister’s mission on innovation to the China and Australia Week which was supported by HunterNet and as part of ongoing R&D work around an Asian Business grant from Austrade.
Dr Kriz also met along with Martin Fitzgerald the Assistant Minister for Innovation Wyatt Roy at The Nexus Centre at Wyong. The focus was on innovation and specialisation on the Central Coast and activating the start-up community as well as support for existing businesses.
It is great to see so much engagement coming from the Central Coast campus.
- Newcastle Business School
- Phone: 0249215511
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness