Celebrating with Alumni in Manila
Dining with our Master of Human Resource Management Alumni
As part of the inaugural academic exchange with the De La Salle University in Manila, Dr John Lewer took the opportunity to dine with our Master of Human Resource Management alumni. The former students had studied under the important Australia Awards program conducted by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Dr Lewer enjoyed the event, commenting, "It was a most delightful night, especially seeing the close network of the alumni, hearing of their success, their praise for our program and fond memories of Newcastle".
The exchange was established under a partnership agreed with the Manila-based university in late 2014 to facilitate the delivery of the new AQF Master of Human Resource Management. Some 20 students from De La Salle will be arriving in Newcastle in June. The work of Dr Johanna Macneil, Dr Tony Drew and Hope Tancinco from the International Office were instrumental in establishing the innovative partnership.
L to R: Jennifer Talla, Shena Primera, Noemi Bustamente, Jing Deco, Juvy Bignay, Hope Tancinco (UoN International Office), Ricky Estrera, Jaux Romero, Jonan Geronimo, Jose Abadesco, Dr John Lewer (UoN MHRM Program)
- Erin Tiedeman
- Phone: (02) 4921 6633
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast