Business School Alumni Advice for Students
Three Newcastle Business School alumni recently returned to share their professional advice and talk to students about the careers they have chosen, and how they got there.
We were delighted to welcome Jeff Bell, an accountant from Adoranti & Co; Rebecca Wilson, Marketing and Communications Manager at Newcastle Airport; and Ty Brennock, Accounting and Finance Consultant at Forsythes Recruiting, back to the Callaghan campus for our biannual Professional Insights Breakfast. Jeff, Rebecca and Ty spoke to twenty keen business and commerce students about the jobs they are doing now, the experiences they found useful while they were studying and gave some advice about what students can do now to make themselves work-ready once they graduate.
The Faculty of Business and Law runs the Professional Insights Breakfasts as part of a range of work-ready initiatives allowing students to gain insights and work experiences prior to graduation.
We are very grateful to our alumni for taking the time to speak with our students, who benefit greatly from their experience and advice. Many thanks go to Jeff, Rebecca and Ty.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness