Bowling club legal stoush
The University of Newcastle Legal Centre (UNLC) has taken begun working with the Friends of King Edward Park Group to challenge Newcastle City Council's Approval of a function centre at the cliff-top site at King Edward Park.
The Newcastle Herald has reported on the UNLC involvement in the case put forward by the Friends of King Edward Park Group challenging council's approval of a development on the cliff-top site at King Edward Park.
Jacquie Svenson, a solicitor and teacher at the University of Newcastle's Legal Centre, which is acting pro-bono for the group, said yesterday their case had "strong prospects" due to a "shopping list of errors" made by council in approving the development.
- University of Newcastle Legal Centre
- Phone: (02) 4921 8666
- University microplastics research in the United Nations spotlight
- University of Newcastle secures over $6 million in ARC funding
- Pop-up legal clinic returns to support the Newcastle community
- New University-designed cultural facility to put Lake Macquarie on the MAP
- University of Newcastle VC Professor Alex Zelinsky formally takes over the reins as Chair of NUW Alliance