Bowling club legal stoush
The University of Newcastle Legal Centre (UNLC) has taken begun working with the Friends of King Edward Park Group to challenge Newcastle City Council's Approval of a function centre at the cliff-top site at King Edward Park.
The Newcastle Herald has reported on the UNLC involvement in the case put forward by the Friends of King Edward Park Group challenging council's approval of a development on the cliff-top site at King Edward Park.
Jacquie Svenson, a solicitor and teacher at the University of Newcastle's Legal Centre, which is acting pro-bono for the group, said yesterday their case had "strong prospects" due to a "shopping list of errors" made by council in approving the development.
- University of Newcastle Legal Centre
- Phone: (02) 4921 8666
- OPINION: Newcastle know-how to our region and the world
- The University of Newcastle launches Maligagu blueprint for Indigenous employment
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity