Big Ideas Homelessness Network
University staff assemble on the Big Ideas Homelessness Network
Solicitor Jacquie Svenson (University of Newcastle Legal Centre) has joined Dr Jennifer Waterhouse (Newcastle Business School) on the Big Ideas Homelessness Network, facilitated by Compass Housing Services.
Ms Svenson’s placement students will be involved in drafting questions in relation to the withdrawal of funding for the Reaching Home Outreach Service, which provided emergency mental health support for homeless persons.
The network is a community collaborative steering group with representatives from community and agencies who have a vested interested in ending homelessness in the Newcastle and Hunter regions. Further information about the network can be found here
- 15-year milestone for Professor Victoria Haskins
- NUspace and Civic Park light up orange to start 16 Days of Activism to End Violence Against Women
- Bob James Fraternal Societies collection
- Purai Members recognised in College Excellence Awards
- Announcing our student 2021 Employability Excellence Award winners!
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.