Anti-semitic attack proves need for racial vilification laws
Newcastle Law School academics Associate Professor John Anderson and Dr Alan Berman discuss racial vilification laws
The recent incident on the bus in Bondi Beach in which approximately 30 children aged between five and twelve years old were terrorised with anti-Semitic taunts and physical threats is a timely reminder of the ongoing need for community vigilance in condemning such cruel and criminal behaviour. It also reinforces the need for effective enforcement of racial vilification laws in Australia.
Read the full article here.
- Newcastle Law School
- Phone: (02) 4921 5052
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness