Anti-semitic attack proves need for racial vilification laws
Newcastle Law School academics Associate Professor John Anderson and Dr Alan Berman discuss racial vilification laws
The recent incident on the bus in Bondi Beach in which approximately 30 children aged between five and twelve years old were terrorised with anti-Semitic taunts and physical threats is a timely reminder of the ongoing need for community vigilance in condemning such cruel and criminal behaviour. It also reinforces the need for effective enforcement of racial vilification laws in Australia.
Read the full article here.
- Newcastle Law School
- Phone: (02) 4921 5052
- Trade law researcher awarded prestigious Fulbright scholarship
- Sexual Harms and Medical Encounters project post-doc available
- Centre Director convenes third international wine studies conference during Fulbright program
- Collaborate to Innovate program set to improve local business collaboration
- Dwyer gives public lecture on Broken Bones, Broken Stones: Iconoclasm in World History