Law Alumni Return for Breakfast
Three accomplished Newcastle Law School (NLS) alumni shared their professional advice and career experiences with NLS students at the recent Alumni Advantage Breakfast.
Ashleigh John, Aimee Travis and Lou Stojanovski have worked across areas of law (criminal, corporate, family, construction, and more), modes of practice (in small, mid-sized and large firms; developing own firm; and in-house), and both nationally and internationally. Their presentations, thus, communicated the variety of opportunities available to NLS graduates, and the diversity of individual career trajectories. Despite their varied professional experiences, all three emphasised the value of proactively seeking and completing a breadth of tasks when first working in law, whether as a student or a new graduate, including the seemingly menial and mundane, for the insights and exposure to practice and people it provides.
The Faculty of Business and Law recognises our alumni as valued members of our community, integral to the University's ongoing accomplishments, and a warm thank you is extended to Ashleigh, Aimee, and Lou for graciously and generously sharing their time and insights.
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness