Academic Expertise in Demand
Associate Professor John Anderson sharing his expertise
Associate Professor John Anderson recently interviewed for a BenchTV online video entitled ‘The fraught dichotomy between context and tendency evidence in sexual assault cases – a suggestion for reform’. The interview was conducted with Ian Benson, an alumni of Newcastle Law School who now works for A R Connolly & Co, Lawyers, Sydney.
John was also interviewed by Paul Bevan on the ‘Drive’ program ABC Radio 1233 Newcastle about recent high profile sentencing cases in the courts, including the local case of former Archbishop Philip Wilson for concealing child sexual abuse and the case of Ron Medich who was sentenced to 39 years imprisonment for the murder of Michael McGurk and intimidation of his wife.
Additionally, John’s work on section 165B Evidence Act in his Uniform Evidence in Australia book was positively referenced by the NSW Court of Criminal Appeal in the case of Lever (a pseudonym) v The Queen  NSWCCA 107 at  on 1 June 2018.
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats