A referendum in Northern Ireland could mean more than just Yes or No
Dr Amy Maguire discusses renewed calls for Northern Ireland to leave the UK in The Conversation
In the wake of the Scottish referendum, Martin McGuinness, the deputy first minister of Northern Ireland, renewed his party Sinn Féin's call for a "border poll" to decide if Northern Ireland should leave the UK and unify with the Republic of Ireland.
Such a vote appears likely to result in a No vote, but might nevertheless provide an opportunity for the people of Northern Ireland to feel ownership of their progress away from conflict and towards peace.
Read the full article here.
Learn more about Dr Maguire's work at her Researcher Profile page.
- Dr Amy Maguire
- Phone: (02) 4921 5374
- Trade law researcher awarded prestigious Fulbright scholarship
- Sexual Harms and Medical Encounters project post-doc available
- Centre Director convenes third international wine studies conference during Fulbright program
- Collaborate to Innovate program set to improve local business collaboration
- Dwyer gives public lecture on Broken Bones, Broken Stones: Iconoclasm in World History