Student Advisory Council
A strong voice for students at UON
A new student-focused council has been formed to ensure that peer-elected UON students are having the opportunity to consult with the University on student matters. The Student Advisory Council has been formed in order to strengthen the voice of UON students.
This new channel of communication will allow student representatives and executive staff to deliberate important issues affecting student experience and success at UON and is made up of students who have been elected by their peers to represent them on University committees and boards, as well as nominated students who represent campuses or specific student groups. The Council also includes executive University staff who hold both permanent positions on the Council or have the rights of attendance.
The Student Advisory Council meets four times per year and all students have the opportunity to raise issues for discussion with a representative to present in the meetings. The Council will also advise the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) and report annually to the University Council.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Student Advisory Council, keep an eye on the Student Elections webpage and your myUON portal. For more information and to view the Terms of Reference for the Council, visit the Student Advisory Council webpage.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers