NSW Health COVID-19 clinic at Callaghan campus
NSW Health has asked that the University facilitate a pop-up COVID-19 testing clinic on our Callaghan campus, starting from next week (6 July).
Similar clinics managed by NSW Health have been operating across our region. A high-profile example was the drive-in clinic at McDonald Jones Stadium in Broadmeadow.
Given the central location and significant car parking areas at Callaghan, this clinic will ease the pressure on local emergency departments during peak cold and flu season. It goes without saying that the highest level of health and safety measures will be in place at the clinic.
The University’s decision to support NSW Health is part of our ‘we’re all in this together’ approach and our commitments as a University for our region.
NSW Health will release details of the clinic to the public on Monday.
Key points to note will be:
- A section of Car Park 1 will be unavailable from Monday 6 July – Tuesday 1 September.
- The community clinic will occupy the open-air section of Car Park 1; the multi-storey parking area won’t be affected.
- Car Park 13B will be available for overflow from the start of Semester 2 (3 August). Use this interactive map to locate parking options.
Thank you for your ongoing support and efforts as the University and our partners continue to navigate the response to COVID-19.
- Alliance of four universities to deliver game changer in education
- Robots don black cap for lower court judges
- New study: How risk perception affects our behaviour in a pandemic
- University of Newcastle signs agreement with Kaplan Higher Education to develop international pathway college
- NSW Government backs unique NUW Energy project by three of Australia’s leading universities