2020 Campus Parking Changes
There's a few changes to car parking on campus this year. Here's what you need to know:
- Car park 14 is now FREE. This means there's an additional 376 free spaces that are sealed, lit and have CCTV coverage. The NU Space and Callaghan Security Shuttle will both stop here to help you get around campus. There will also be an additional shuttle running anti-clockwise around Ring Road from 8am - 10am to get you to class. You can track the shuttles by using the myUON app: myuon.newcastle.edu.au
- The sealed section of car park 16 will also remain as free parking.
- The car park near Warabrook Station East of Station Lane has been closed and has been returned to bushland.
- Oval 5 no longer operates as overflow parking. We know free parking is important to our students, which is why we continue to review our parking based on feedback received and have implemented the free parking changed in car park 14.
- All University ticket machines were upgraded in December and now accept Paywave, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and coins.
- Rideshare parking is free. You must have a matched trip in the Liftango app to park in these zones: newcastle.edu.au/rideshare
- The Forum ticket machines (car parks 9, 12, and 13) now have hourly parking rates. Signage has been updated in these areas to reflect this.
For more information, head to newcastle.edu.au/parking