Wireless 2014 - building for the future
In recent years access to WiFi has gone from 'nice to have' to a necessity for students and staff at UON. The University is committed to keeping pace with the increased demand.
As the number of laptops, tablets, smartphones, and new technologies such as wearable devices continues to grow, there is an expectation that WiFi access will be available everywhere.
The Wireless 2014 project (as part of the IT Program of Work) supports the University's commitment to improve the user experience of the UON wireless network by:
- doubling the number of access points,
- simplifying the connection process, and
- providing coverage to more areas.
More information available here.
- Terry Punch, Project Manager
- Phone: 4985 4153
- New funding will see University of Newcastle students study across Indo-Pacific region
- Estimating calorie content not clear-cut for all
- Cloud Immersion Day to unlock innovative use of the technology in the higher education sector
- The principles underpinning three decades of teaching
- Renewables switch wins Clever Campus award