News from UON’s Council
Read the latest news, updates and decisions from UON’s Council
Following a tour of the NeW Space site, Council members met for the May Council Meeting hearing from the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor, and discussing key strategic issues.
To learn about all the decisions, discussions, news and outcomes from the meeting read the latest Council Communique.
At a glance
The Chancellor discussed sector governance, equity of access and the Commonwealth Government’s Higher Education Reform Options Paper, released to coincide with the Commonwealth budget. The Government is welcoming feedback on the paper and UON is preparing key policy priority points as part of this process, which will be agreed in collaboration with our Council and Executive team. You can learn more on this in the Update from the Chancellor.
The Vice-Chancellor discussed the key emerging implications for the sector following the recent budget announcements and detailed UON’s approach to prepare a submission in response to the Higher Education Reform Options Paper. Find out more.
Other strategic discussions and decisions included corporate performance, health and safety, Newcastle Innovation’s progress, the new Political Donations Policy and the Annual Report. Council heard from each Council Committee chair and the latest news from the committees is available here in the 'Committee Conversations'.
For more information or if you have questions related to UON’s Council and its committees, contact David Cantrick-Brooks, University Secretary (Chief Governance Officer).
- David Cantrick-Brooks, University Secretary (Chief Governance Officer)
- Phone: (02) 4921 7316
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats
- Graduates mark 30 years of excellence on the coast