Celebrating the end of the year and a new beginning
We are delighted to welcome Professor Alex Zelinsky AO as he joins UON in the role of Vice-Chancellor and President.
Alex is the University’s 8th Vice-Chancellor, coming to UON from his role as Australia’s Chief Defence Scientist– a role he has held since March 2012. A computer scientist, roboticist and systems engineer, Alex’s career spans innovation, science and technology, education, research and development, and commercial start-ups.
As would be expected, Alex will hit the ground running. After a busy first week, he will fly to Singapore on Friday to attend his first Graduation as Vice-Chancellor.
On his return, Alex will be making his way around our campuses to meet staff. He will be at Ourimbah on Thursday 6 December for a staff afternoon tea.
On Friday 7 December, we will have the opportunity to come together at Callaghan to celebrate our successes throughout 2018 and to give Alex a warm welcome. This will be followed by a relaxed end-of-year lunch at the Park on the Hill. All staff are invited. For those unable to make it, the session will be live streamed and recorded.
In the new year, Alex will continue making his way around to all UON sites. He is keen to meet as many staff as possible in his first few months in the role.
RSVP for the Callaghan event by Thursday 29 November.
- True extent of colonial frontier massacres revealed as new sites added to interactive map
- Research examines older people’s engagement with creative and physical activities
- Classics and Ancient History PhD Travel Scholarship Opportunity
- Success for Criminology students receiving job offers before graduating
- Investment to support female researchers