Currently featured in the Gallery Shop is local ceramicist Sandra Burgess, with porcelain vessels and delicate papercuts.
Looking for a unique gift? The University Gallery Shop is currently showing a selection of work by local ceramicist Sandra Burgess.
A graduate of the University of Newcastle and COFA in Sydney, Sandra has been exhibiting ceramics since the early 1980s. In 2013 she exhibited her PhD work, Plexus, in the University Gallery (view more on the Gallery Archive website) and some of the porcelain clay vessels and papercuts now for sale were part of that exhibition. The natural world and all contained in it are a continuing source of inspiration to Sandra.
The Vessels are delicate handbuilt porcelain forms, ranging in price $20 – $45. The Papercuts are based on microscopic imagery such as diatoms and are presented in petrie dishes to emphasise the scientific connection. They are priced $20 (small) and $35 (large).
Also currently for sale are hand painted china pieces by Miriam Montgomery.
The University Gallery is open Wednesday to Friday 10am–5pm and Saturday 12–4pm.
EFTPOS, Visa and Mastercard accepted.
- 25 Alumni Awards Achievers in 2019
- New research highlights Australian music’s global export value and strong international success
- Checking in on check-ups to help Close the Gap
- Unique partnership transforming lives of people living with mental illness
- Experts challenge WHO recommendations on saturated fats