Celebrating our volunteers
It's National Volunteer Week! The University of Newcastle (UON) would like to thank the small army of dedicated people who volunteer their time to support the University each and every day.
This week, 12 – 18 May, marks the 25th anniversary of National Volunteer Week and celebrates the 'Power of Volunteering'.
UON is fortunate to have many staff, student and community volunteers involved in our programs, activities and committees. These include – but are not limited to – the student iLead program, Friends of the University, the Family Action Centre, UON faculties, Homestay families, 2NUR-FM, the Teach Outreach Program, the Community Connections Program, the Tom Farrell Institute and the University Gallery.
UON volunteers are as diverse as the range of skills they donate to the University. Without their generous support we simply would not be the rich community we are and for that, we offer a sincere 'thank you'.
- Healthy eating options on the table for young Australians
- A message for our University community
- Partnership will fund new research into preventing healthcare-associated infections
- New dual degree targets growing job opportunities in medical technology field
- Call for papers: digital research across the humanities