ORCID is an Open Researcher and Contributor ID providing researchers with a unique identifier and enabling you to distinguish yourself and your research activity. The global use of ORCID as an identifier in the research workflow is rapidly increasing with uptake by publishers, funding bodies and professional associations around the world. The inclusion of ORCID within publication and grant submission workflows is growing and will ultimately support recognition of your work as well as create connections to your research and professional activities. Register for an ORCID now.
Learn more about ORCID
ORCID in 3 Easy Steps
Register for an ORCID
At UON registering for an ORCID is easy.
- Login to NURO
- On your NURO Homepage, Click the Menu tab
- Click Automatic claiming
- You may see a suggested ORCID if you already have an ORCID - Click on the ORCID link to see if this is yours. Click Yes
- Click Add ORCID and follow the prompts. As part of the registration process in NURO you will be asked to allow NURO to access your ORCID record.This allows NURO to read your ORCID and connect this to UON.
Connect your ID to your work
You can also add additional information to your ORCID profile if you choose.
- Go to ORCID.org
- Login with your email address and your ORCID password.
You can also connect other author IDs to your ORCID. More information on how to link your Scopus ID and Researcher ID.
Use your ORCID
Most importantly, you need to use your ORCID when:
- Submitting publications to publishers
- Applying for grants
- on CVs, etc.
More Information and Help
More information is available on the ORCID Libguide page
Staff in the Library are available to assist you with any further information or help that you may need. Contact your Senior Research Librarian. You can also email for more information to email@example.com or