Library updates and support
Current Library Access
Please check the Library Hours page for the most up-to-date opening hours.
Please wear a face mask, check in using the QR codes and follow social distancing guidelines when visiting our Libraries.
24-hour access to the Auchmuty Information Common and Ourimbah Information Common has resumed.
If you're unable to come to campus for collection, you can select Home Delivery to receive your Library items by post.
For the latest updates visit the University of Newcastle Covid-19 advice web page.
Some services have changed to make access easier and social distancing possible.
- Online consultations with Librarians through Book a Librarian enable you to connect with us for support
- Contact us through our Library chat service or via email or text
- If you're studying remotely, you can select Home Delivery on our Click and Collect service to receive your items via post.
- View our Off-Campus Support page to find tools and resources for remote study and research
- For help using online University systems and developing digital skills, visit our Online Resources Support Guide
- Print Course Readings items will be replaced with eBooks where possible.
Changes to Borrowing
Health and Safety in the Library
Protect yourself and others by practicing these simple steps to help lower the chances of spreading the virus.
- Use the Check-in QR Codes at the entrances to buildings
- Wear a face mask at all times
- Practice social distancing to maintain 1.5 m from others. Follow the 22 metre rule in the Library while studying, queuing for coffee, or at the Service Zone
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water
- Cover your cough or sneeze. Use an elbow or tissues to cover coughs or sneezes. Dispose of tissues and wash your hands
- Stay home if you are unwell. Take care of yourself and access Library support and resources online.
- For a list of current restrictions in the NSW public health order see NSW Health Advice.
The Library's top priority is the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and community. We are here to support you and your studies during this period of disruption and have modified some services to make things easier for you. Up-to-date information and advice from the University in response to coronavirus is available on the University's COVID-19 web page.
Contact us through our Library chat service, or via email or text. We will provide updates to this page as we respond to evolving circumstances, and encourage you to stay connected through our Library social media channels (Twitter and Instagram).
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.