Library updates and support
Support for students and staff on campus or studying remotely during COVID-19 disruptions
The Library's top priority is the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and community. We are here to support you and your studies during this period of disruption and have modified some services to make things easier for you. Up-to-date information and advice from the University in response to coronavirus is available on the University's COVID-19 web page.
Contact us through our Library chat service, or via email or text. We will provide updates to this page as we respond to evolving circumstances, and encourage you to stay connected through our Library social media channels (Library blog, Twitter and Instagram).
Access our COVID-19 Library Help Guide (Library Guide) for information on a range of online Library resources and support for your studies.
Library, Gallery and Cultural Collections Access
Libraries are OPEN. Check our Library hours for updated times at all locations.
Library Service Zones (help desks) have moved to a fully virtual service. Speak with Library staff via the device at the desk.
University Gallery, Archives and Cultural Collections
Access to the University Gallery and Wattspace Gallery is restricted. Please check the Gallery webpage for updates. Cultural Collections and the GLAMx Lab have restricted access in place and use of these areas is currently by appointment only. View the Living Histories blog for details.
Ourimbah Library MakerSpace
The Library MakerSpace Workshops are currently suspended and access to the area is by appointment only. Book via the MakerSpace web page.
We know service continuity is important and we are working to deliver the same high quality service regardless of your location and the disruptions that may be ahead. Some services have changed to make access easier and social distancing possible.
- Library Service Zones are now Live Virtual Help Desks. Speak to Library Staff via the device at the desk
- Increased face to face online sessions with Librarians through Library Live enable you to connect with us for support more often
- A number of our Publishers and Vendors are providing enhanced or free services and resources to support the continuity of our research and teaching over these next few months. Check our Library blog for details
- Print Course Readings items will be replaced with eBooks where possible
- Auchmuty and Ourimbah Carers and Kids Study Rooms have temporarily closed
- Our Book a Librarian service is currently suspended, please access help from a Librarian through our Library Live (video conference) service
Changes to Borrowing
- All staff and students are able to borrow up to 100 physical items from University of Newcastle Library locations
- Borrowed University of Newcastle items will have automatic loan extensions. Log into MyLibrary to check borrowed item status in the Library Catalogue (NewCat+)
- Course Readings items will now be available for 24 hour loan
- All BONUS+ borrowing has been suspended. Current loans now have up to six renewals available, contact the Library for assistance
- Get It (Inter Library Loans) requests will be limited to the delivery of electronic copies until further notice. Please be mindful that as libraries both within Australia and overseas are experiencing disruptions to their services we may have difficulty fulfilling some requests
Health and Safety in the Library
Protect yourself and others by practicing these simple steps to help lower the chances of spreading the virus.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water. Washing your hands for 40-60 seconds, especially before eating, helps prevent the spread of illness or contamination from things you may have touched
- Practice social distancing. Stay at least 1.5 metres away from other people in the Library while studying, queuing for coffee, or at the Service Zone
- Cover your cough or sneeze. Use an elbow or tissues to cover coughs or sneezes. Dispose of tissues and wash your hands
- Stay home if you are unwell. Take care of yourself and access Library support and resources online
Remote Library Access
View our Online Study Off Campus Support page to find tools and resources.
Online support from Library staff is available through Ask the Library for chat, email, or text.
Book a Library Live session at a time that suits you to get help from a Librarian via an online face-to-face meeting.
Visit our Online Resources and Support (Library Guide) for information and help with basic and more advanced digital skills for using University learning technologies.
The Library has a range of eResources and online tools to assist with studying off campus.
- Library Catalogue NewCat+ allows you to refine your search to locate online journal articles or eBooks. To search one of our eBook collections check out the What is an eBook (Library Guide) for more information
- Subject Resource Guides help you find subject specific resources
- COVID-19 Library Help Guide (Library Guide) provides information for a range of online Library resources and support features
- Databases by Title for you to find the best library databases for your research, limit by subject or type
- Referencing Guide (Library Guide) provides information and examples for each reference style
- Electronic Course Readings provides access to your readings via the menu in your Blackboard (UONline) course