Students are responsible for any materials for which there are loan records in their name. This responsibility ends only when the loan record is officially cancelled.
- All students are subject to fines for late return of Library material.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when more than $15.00 is owed.
- All loans are subject to recall and must be returned when requested. Failure to return recalled material may result in the loss of borrowing privileges.
- Items on hold cannot be renewed.
- BONUS+ material can usually be renewed twice only, due to the demand of the item at its home institution. All Library users are subject to BONUS+ fines.
- BONUS+ holds are counted on existing holds and the requests remain on a record until they are returned to the home location.
- Items borrowed from HNE Health libraries must be returned to HNE Health libraries and cannot be requested for pick up at university locations. The loan period is 4 weeks with 2 renewals for all students.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.