Renewing and returning loans
Returning your Loans
Loans can be returned to any University of Newcastle Library. A courier service operates daily to return items to their home library.
Items borrowed from HNE Health libraries must be returned to HNE Health libraries
After Hours return chutes are located near the entrances to the Auchmuty Library, the City Campus Library and the Central Coast Campus Library.
Off campus students
Return items by mail in padded envelopes to the Auchmuty Library. Allow enough time for return by the date due as fines will apply on overdue items. Students are responsible for the cost of return postage.
In 2014 SSAF funding is providing padded envelopes for student returns.
Resource Sharing- Inter Library Service
University of Newcastle
Callaghan NSW 2308
Renewing your loans
Loans may be renewed during opening hours at any Library Service Zone, or you can renew them online.
Renewing loans online
- View your record in MyLibrary
- Type in your Student/Staff/Library card number and PIN, click on your name (in blue) in the top right hand corner
- Select the items you wish to renew and click on the 'Renew Selected Items', or 'Renew All' button
- Scroll down the page to check that items have been renewed
- It is your responsibility to ensure the items have been renewed successfully
The following items cannot be renewed:
- Items recalled or reserved for another patron
- Items that have already been renewed the maximum number of times
- Course Readings