BONUS+ is a free borrowing service for students and staff, giving access to over 7 million books from participating university libraries within Australia and New Zealand.
If a book in our Library is unavailable, or we don't own a particular title, simply click on the BONUS+ link in the library catalogue to see if it is available to borrow via BONUS+.
If you can't locate an available book using the library catalogue, NewCat+, click on the BONUS+ link. This will take you to the BONUS+ catalogue.
- If you find the book you want, click on the REQUEST THIS ITEM link
- Choose your institution: Uni of Newcastle
- Login with your student/staff number and your Library PIN
- Select your pickup location.
Number of active requests*
Number of renewals
1 (21 days)
1 (21 days)
1 (21 days)
*A request is active from the time the request is placed until the book is received back at the lending BONUS+ library.
There is no annual limit to BONUS+ requests.
- The loan period is 21 days
- One renewal is permitted if no one else has requested the book
- Items must be returned to your home library by the due date.
- Books that are returned late will incur a fine.
- A non-refundable charge of AU$125/NZ$160 will be imposed for lost and billed BONUS+ books (includes a processing fee for some libraries). Replacement books are not accepted. The charge may also apply for damaged books at the discretion of the owning library.
- Usually within 3-5 working days (up to 7 days if arriving from New Zealand)
- You will receive an email when it is ready for pickup. Bring the email with you to collect the book
- Books must be collected within 5 days
- Pick up times are strictly controlled by the BONUS+ service and cannot be extended, so if you cannot collect your book on time please cancel your request and re-request it at a more suitable time. If you do not collect the book within 5 days it will be sent back to the lending institution.
- Log into your MyLibrary account.
- A status of READY means the book is ready for pickup
- If a BONUS+ book you have on loan has an additional hold, the book can't be renewed.
- Your BONUS+ book can't be recalled but it may be requested by another borrower. You will then be unable to renew it and you must return it by the due date.
- A non-refundable charge of AU$125/NZ$160 will be imposed for lost and billed BONUS+ books (includes a processing fee for some libraries).
- Replacement books are not accepted.
- The charge may also apply for damaged books at the discretion of the owning library.
- Please contact your home library.
You may have reached your maximum number of active requests. A request is active from the time the request is placed until the book is received back at the lending BONUS+ library, so you may need to wait a few days until your books are received back at the lending libraries before you can place more requests.