BONUS+ is a free borrowing service for students and staff, giving access to over 7 million books from participating university libraries within Australia and New Zealand.
If a book in our Library is unavailable, or we don't own a particular title, simply click on the BONUS+ link in the library catalogue to see if it is available to borrow via BONUS+.
If you can't locate an available book using the library catalogue, click on the BONUS+ link. This will take you to the BONUS+ catalogue.
- If you find the book you want, click on the REQUEST THIS ITEM link
- Choose your institution: Uni of Newcastle
- Login with your student/staff number and your Library PIN
- Select your pickup location.
Number of active requests*
Number of renewals
2 (42 days)
2 (42 days)
2 (42 days)
*A request is active from the time the request is placed until the book is received back at the lending BONUS+ library.
There is no annual limit to BONUS+ requests.
- The loan period is 21 days
- Two renewals are permitted if no one else has requested the book
- Items must be returned to your home library by the due date.
- Books that are returned late will incur a fine.
- A non-refundable charge of AU$125/NZ$160 will be imposed for lost and billed BONUS+ books (includes a processing fee for some libraries). Replacement books are not accepted. The charge may also apply for damaged books at the discretion of the owning library.
- Usually within 3-5 working days (up to 7 days if arriving from New Zealand)
- You will receive an email when it is ready for pickup. Bring the email with you to collect the book
- Books must be collected within 5 days
- Pick up times are strictly controlled by the BONUS+ service and cannot be extended, so if you cannot collect your book on time please cancel your request and re-request it at a more suitable time. If you do not collect the book within 5 days it will be sent back to the lending institution.
- Log into your MyLibrary account.
- A status of READY means the book is ready for pickup
- If a BONUS+ book you have on loan has an additional hold, the book can't be renewed.
- Your BONUS+ book can't be recalled but it may be requested by another borrower. You will then be unable to renew it and you must return it by the due date.
- A non-refundable charge of AU$125/NZ$160 will be imposed for lost and billed BONUS+ books (includes a processing fee for some libraries).
- Replacement books are not accepted.
- The charge may also apply for damaged books at the discretion of the owning library.
- Please contact your home library.
You may have reached your maximum number of active requests. A request is active from the time the request is placed until the book is received back at the lending BONUS+ library, so you may need to wait a few days until your books are received back at the lending libraries before you can place more requests.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.