Shohoku College Study Tour
The Shohoku College (Sony Institute of Higher Education, Japan) has generously invited 15 students from the University of Newcastle to participate in a cultural tour of Japan from Friday 24 November to Saturday 9 December 2017. The aim of the tour is to deepen the understanding of Japanese language and culture.
- Japanese language skills are not required for this tour.
- The age range of participants should be the same as Shohoku students, 18 to 25.
Type of Activities
Japanese Lessons, Kamakura Visit, Japanese Studies (Calligraphy, Cooking), Juni-hitoe Demonstration, Study of Atsugi Folklore, Exchange with High School Students, 3 night homestay with Japanese family, visit to 'The Square'(Sony United Showroom), etc.
Paid by Shohoku College
- Tuition Fees
- Accommodation costs for the dormitory and homestay.
- Public transport costs for specified student activities.
Provided by the University of Newcastle
- Travel Grant of $750 paid to students
- Cover the Administration Fee - 20,000 yen (Approx. $230)
- Travel insurance for the duration of the study tour
Students pay for
- Transportation between Haneda airport and Hon-Atsugi station
- All other personal expenses
How to Apply
To be considered for the Shohoku Tour you need to submit an Expression of Interest by the close of business Tuesday 15 August 2017.
All successful applicants will be expected to travel to Japan as one party. Independent travel separate to the Tour is not allowed. If you wish to remain in Japan after the Tour, you will need to organise travel insurance. Participants are requested to arrive at Hon-Atsugi at the same time on the 24th November 2017.