PolyU Global Student Challenge
- An opportunity to travel to Hong Kong for free, and win up to USD$5000 in prizes
- A team competition to showcase creative business concepts
- Organised by Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Explore your innovative and entrepreneurial potential
- Obtain exposure to the real business world
- Expand your professional and social network
Who can participate
- Full time undergraduate student in 2015
- Come up with a creative business concept about a product or service under one of the following sub-themes: Health & Wellness, Lifestyle, Environment & Sustainability or Corporate Social Responsibility/Social Enterprise
- Form a team consisting of three university undergraduate students
- Submit an Expression of Interest to the University of Newcastle including a 150 word project synopsis clearly describing the proposed product or service
- The selected team to represent the University of Newcastle will be required to submit the project synopsis, a 3 page executive summary of the business plan and a 25 page business plan to PolyU.
|12 September 2014||Submit an Expression of interest to the University of Newcastle|
|22 September 2014||Winning team notified they will be representing the University of Newcastle in the Global Student Challenge|
|31 October 2014||Closing date to register the team with PolyU|
|1 December 2014||Deadline for submission of project synopsis, executive summary and business plan|
|20 March 2015||Announcement of shortlisted teams|
|20 – 26 June 2015||Semi Final and Final competition at Poly U, Hong Kong.|
Awards and Prizes
- 30 teams from each division will be shortlisted for the Semi Final and Final rounds. A round-trip economy ticket and accommodation will be provided for a maximum of three student members from each of the shortlisted teams invited to Hong Kong.
- Winning teams will be presented with cash prizes up to USD5000.