The Intern Group
The Intern Group offers talented and ambitious students international internship opportunities combining professional experience with cultural immersion in London (UK), Hong Kong, Madrid (Spain), Medellin (Colombia) and Melbourne (Australia). Their programmes include accommodation, social activities, professional training and 24/7 local support in addition to a first-class internship. They last from a minimum of 6 weeks up to a maximum of 6 months and take place all year round.
With offices in each of their programme countries, they utilise their strong network and expert local knowledge to arrange fantastic internships and an incredible immersion experience. They have partner organisations across a wide range of academic subjects who are looking for interns to play a critical role in providing new perspective, valuable skills, and fresh ideas to help drive their growth.
Collaborative internship placement process
Their local team in each destination spends a great deal of time getting to know each participant, their past experience and future career aspirations. The participant is very much involved in the placement process, and this really is the key to ensuring that the internship is a valuable and vital springboard to their career success. Their collaborative internship placement process also allows them to deal with unusual requests and offer roles in specialised industries and sectors.
The Intern Group have particular strengths in the following areas:
- Entrepreneurship and international business – all destinations
- Marketing and communication – all destinations
- Engineering (all areas) – Colombia
- Biotechnology & sciences – Colombia and Madrid
- Information Technology and computer science – all destinations
- Architecture – Madrid
- NGOs and government & politics – Colombia
- Medicine and nursing – Colombia
- Fashion – London and Hong Kong
They offer fully inclusive programmes in 5 destinations – London, Hong Kong, Colombia, Madrid and Melbourne. Programme packages include: a top internship placement; high quality accommodation; transportation in-country; airport pick-up; 24/7 support form our full-time local staff; a full range of cultural events and social activities; participation in their international community; professional development tools, training and workshops; visa assistance and academic credit assistance
Flights, travel insurance, meals (our accommodation is self-catering), visa costs for London and Madrid and personal spending are not included.
London – 6 weeks from $5,880
Madrid – 6 weeks from $4,730
Hong Kong – 6 weeks from $5,850
Colombia – 6 weeks from $3,760
Melbourne – 6 weeks from $4,820
Prices are displayed in Australian Dollars. This is for comparative purposes only as their packages are generally priced in the local currency – see http://www.theinterngroup.com/prices/ for further details.
Flexible university group programmes
They work with university faculties and departments to develop customised programmes whereby groups of students undertake internship placements in one or a number of their destinations at set times of the year. These internships are offered for academic credit and can be tailored in their application process and programmes to meet most requirements. Students participating in these types of programmes generally benefit from a 7.5-10% discount off their prices.
They assist many individual students who are either required to complete an internship for credit during their degree studies or who wish to gain work experience to further their career development in their winter or summer breaks. These students apply via their website before being interviewed by one of their admissions advisors by Skype/telephone.
How do students pay for their experience abroad?
Important points to note
- The ability to speak Spanish or Chinese is not a pre-requisite for their internship programmes in Colombia, Spain and Hong Kong. Participants will be placed within international English-speaking teams/departments/companies. If students are able to speak the local language, this will be taken into account during the placement process. They also offer language courses for those who wish to improve their skills before or during their internship placement.
- As the 'international experience' is an integral part of our offer, they don't accept domestic Australian students onto the Intern Melbourne programme. However, international students are welcome to apply for Melbourne.
Find out more about the Intern Group
T: +61 (0)2-8011 3305
If you would like to discuss The Intern Group with a University of Newcastle staff member, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 49217899.