Am I eligible
The Student Exchange Program
For students to be considered for overseas exchange studies, they must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program at the University of Newcastle
- Students must complete 60 units in their current program by the commencement of the exchange
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 4.5 or above in their current program - credit average
- International students are welcome to apply. International students must receive full credit to go on exchange. Further procedures are required for ESOS compliance.
- Limitations may exist for students from the Faculty of Health and Architecture.
- Eligibility in the Exchange Program does not mean a student automatically receives credit.
- Students wanting to participate in a final semester/trimester exchange need to be aware of the following:
- Final semester/trimester exchange students will not be eligible for an OS-HELP loan
- Graduation may be delayed due to the late reception of overseas results
Most students are eligible for Short-Term Experiences. Depending on the program provider, students are not usually required to meet GPA requirements. Please contact the program provider for further details.